This article explains how to give a Chirp gift card, how to claim a gift card you've received, and how to apply your gift card balance to a purchase.
At this time, only Chirp members in the United States can purchase and redeem gift cards. If you're outside the US and would like to gift a Chirp audiobook, please consider using our Gift a Book feature, which is available in the US and Canada.
How do I give a Chirp gift card?
- Go to Chirp eGift Cards. Select the gift card design you like best, and then enter the dollar amount you'd like to gift. Gift cards are available in whole dollar amounts from $5 to $200.
- Fill out the rest of the gift form, including the recipient name and email address, plus any message you’d like to add.
- Select the date you’d like your gift card to be delivered. If you select “Today,” the gift card will be sent immediately. If you select any date in the future, the gift card will be sent on that date at 9:00 AM Eastern time.
- Complete the checkout process, making sure to verify that the gift recipient information is correct.
Please note: gift cards are non-refundable, so be sure to double-check the recipient’s information before checking out!
- You can sign in or sign up at checkout. If you sign up for Chirp, we'll start sending you exclusive audiobook deal offers. You may also choose to check out as a guest. In this case, we will only record your email address and name. Your billing information will not be saved.
Once you’ve completed your gift card purchase, the recipient will receive their eGift Card via email on the delivery date. If your gift recipient is already a Chirp member, they can claim the gift card to add the gifted amount to their account. If the recipient doesn’t have an account already, they’ll be prompted to sign up as part of the redemption process.
How do I claim a gift card?
If you are not already logged-in to Chirp, you will be prompted to either log in or sign up in order to claim your gift card. Once you've completed this process, you should see a message that your gift card has been added to your account.
If your gift card was printed out and given to you, you can redeem it after you complete the log in or sign up process by hovering over your name and selecting "Claim A Gift Card" from the drop down menu.
To check your gift card balance, click the account drop down in the upper right corner of the screen when logged into your account.
Don't see your gift card notification? Please check your spam, junk, and promotions folders. If you continue to have trouble, please contact us and we'll be happy to help!
How do I apply my gift card balance to my purchase?
If you have a gift card that you have not yet claimed, you can claim it right on the checkout page! Click the “Add it here" option and enter the claim code from the gift card notification email you received (the claim code is located underneath the “Claim Your Gift Card” button).
Once you've applied your gift card balance to your purchase, complete the checkout process. We'll keep track of your gift card balance and you can check it via the account drop down menu in the top right corner of the Chirp homepage.
If we can be of any further assistance, please feel free to reach out — we’re happy to help! You can contact us here: Contact Us.